Managing Stress in the Virtual Workspace
Mental / Emotional Memory Tool
In today’s virtual workspace, we’re impacted by new challenges that bring additional levels of stress. Chronic stress in the online workspace can lead to overwhelm, reduced attention span, isolation, and frustration – resulting in lower productivity. Nearly 50 percent of all U.S. workers feel overwhelmed by a growing number of job tasks and longer working hours.
Stress is an issue that we all deal with every day; however, most of us may not realize the powerful impact stress has on us. Per the American Psychological Association (APA), “Body stress affects all systems of the body including muscles, respiratory, cardiovascular, endocrine, gastrointestinal, brain, nervous, and reproductive systems.”
Our bodies can typically handle short-term, intermittent stress. Extended stress maintained long-term or chronic stress wreaks havoc on our minds and bodies and can destroy happiness. Stress plays a significant role in our ability to learn, store information in our brain, and recall it when we need it.
How can you effectively manage this stress and become more effective in today’s demanding online work environment? Managing Stress in the Virtual Workspace addresses this question and more.
Managing Stress in the Virtual Workspace is an 8-hour (multiple sessions) dynamic online program where you will:
- Learn to assess your current level of stress
- Learn to deal with overload effectively
- Learn to take care of yourself during stressful times
- Learn to take renewal breaks during your workday
- Learn to practice simple relaxation and renewal techniques you can do anywhere
- Increase your resiliency and gain stress management and relaxation techniques that you can apply immediately to your job and your life.
- Have fun while learning!
For more information on Managing Stress in the Virtual Workspace, click below.